Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
THERA-MED MASSAGE; HTTM, LLC
THERA-MED MASSAGE; HTTM, LLC
Changing lives in a meaningful way; for continuous improvement of physical freedom from pain!
|Posted by [email protected] on|
Why do massage therapists regularly recommend a schedule of treatment or treatment plan, even for clients whom do not have any serious injury or surgical recovery? Let’s take a moment to explore the benefits of massage short term and long term.
If you have never had an injury or pain, you are quite lucky! However, that doesn’t mean you don’t have a reason for regular massage. I mean like a real reason. If you fall into this category and you feel pretty good having a massage once a month is a great benefit:
- to unwind
- increase circulation
- reduce stress.
- By addressing these small underlying parts of your being, you are improving your mental emotional clarity, sleep, and immune system!
If you have had an injury, then you likely have or have experienced pain and/or functional restriction. When you get hurt in your young life, the common theme is to shake it off and keep on going. Usually those injuries don’t fully go away; they wreak havoc in the body because the body is amazing! It will adjust and compensate without any conscious thought. There is an old saying “everything you do to your body will come back and remind you in your 40’s.” I have to say – that’s no lie! Then there are the more serious injuries, to which you cannot ignore where you do go to the doctor, get a bone set, get some stitches, or maybe even have to have to have a surgery. In these cases, you get some pain medication, muscle relaxers and some type of therapy prescribed. Often times, you are able to return to feeling good and being able to enjoy your life as you love – that is great! Other times, there are lingering issues that prevent you living life fully as you enjoy.
- So what do you do?
- Do you just suck it up and believe that is as good as it gets?
- Do you go out on the search for “the cure?”
- What can you do?
- What are you willing to do?
Various types of Massage and other modalities are how you can deal with lingering pain, functional issues.
- Deep tissue works well with breaking up scar tissue, fascial adhesions and loosening tight muscles.
- Myofascial Release is directly focused on fascial adhesions “melting tissue”
- Active Myofascial Therapy where the client is actively engaged in the treatment.
- Trigger Point Therapy reducing or eliminating radiating pain
- Stretch Therapy improve mobility and flexibility
There are many different type of modalities and approaches. There is no one size fits all. Generally there are a few different phases in which to treatment plan for a client. When considering you have to determine client lifestyle and goals. We have acute, sub acute and chronic all which have a different protocol.
- Acute – Sudden onset of Pain and/or loss of motion; Wake up in the morning unable to turn your head
- Sub Acute – Pain and/or loss of motion continues to linger 3-5 days
- Chronic – Pain and/or loss of motion continues to linger or interfere with daily living for an extended amount of time
Based on the reason for these three categories will determine the course of action measured in short term, midterm and long term goals. There is a method to what we do as massage therapist. Massage can be for relaxation and it can be in treatment form and is not a luxury. Our practice is holistic and serves great purpose and yields great results when application of modalities and intention are set.
I, myself, here at TheraMed-Massage, HTTM, LLC, take many factors into consideration. I want to help people feel good in their lives. I am interested in helping individuals in their healing journey.